Friday, October 19, 2007

Snowboarding & skateboarding

As it's been raining sporadically in Sunnyvale lately, the bright side is that when there's rain there's snow -- in Tahoe (I hear Kirkwood received 2 feet of snow -- yippee!) What's great about living in the Bay Area is that you can drive to the season of your choice... and you don't even feel the 4-5 hour drive when you have good company :)

There's nothing quite like the feeling of carving down a mountain of fresh powder... it's quite serene up there... quiet... away from the everyday stresses... and the air is nice and crisp.

I have an Arbor Push '06 snowboard. It's a thing of beauty, worthy to be put on display above the mantle... a gorgeous design on the bamboo topsheet.

And on pavement, I have my longboard. Also an Arbor. And when you're gliding, and feel the wind through your hair, there's a certain je-ne-sais-quoi feeling about it too.

I have yet to take my freebord out for a spin.. and see how close to snowboarding on pavement feels... the hard part is finding that perfect downgrade in town...

No comments: