Just caught up with my DVR, been avoiding any Idol news & clips of this week's performances. In my opinion, you need to BRING it when you try to sing a Motown classic -- my favorite tunes were produced during the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Oldies but goodies, and a huge part of my love for simple, well-written, and original tunes. They just don't make 'em like this anymore...
1) Adam Lambert - unplugged with a touch of class. This season is Adam's concert. All the other contestants are just "guests".
2) Danny Gokey - I got what I expected from him. He'll put a little extra riff here and there, scream out the song, dance around. It's all the same.
3) Allison Iraheta - Excellent choice, works with her edgey style.
4) Anoop Desai - very nice vocal, but boring.
5) Kris Allen - nothing special, guitar was just a prop.
6) Lil Rounds - everything she does is too copy-cat, no originality.
7) Matt Giraud - not bad...
8) Megan Joy - after singing a few lines, I wanted to puke. I thought she was gonna pick something that would showcase her jazzy voice. There may not be a next time...
9) Michael Sarver - he has to go. I would have preferred Alexis to him for the Top 10 tour.
10) Scott MacIntyre - Please stop talking about being true to yourself, because YOU are boring. Who is voting for this guy that he's still in? Vote for an artist who doesn't sound monotonous!