Tuesday, February 19, 2008

American Idol Season 7 - Week1 (Guys)

Looks like American Idol is off to a good start this season! Here's how I rate the Top 12 Guys, based on their Week1 (60's genre) performance:

My rating scale:
Memorable - wowwed me, a keeper.
Meh - didn't make me cringe, but didn't make me jump out of my seat either.
Forgettable - buh-bye!

Memorable:
Jason Castro - If I had to pick an early "dark horse", he'd be it.
David Archuleta - Cute little boy, likeable. Won't win the big prize, but will get enough votes.
David Hernandez - Has a powerful voice, quality upper range. Give him a George Michael song.
Michael Johns - From the auditions, I placed him in the Top Three. Just needs to avoid the Doors from now on.... would actually be interesting if he tried singing an INXS song, just for grins....

Meh:
Robbie Carrico - He'll survive.
David Cook - Sort of bores me right now, but has that Smashmouth potential...
Garrett Haley - I think he needs to be given a nice high song before I pass harsh judgment...
Jason Yeager - Old-fashioned voice, need to hear more first before I wave him off.

Forgettable:
Chikezie - A watered-down Ruben Studdard, a little too smart-ass for my taste.
Luke Menard - No star quality. Boring.
Danny Noriega - Annoyed me from Day One. The new Sanjaya. I had to fast-forward.
Colton Berry - No appeal. Pure filler. I prefer the guy with the glasses & tie, too.

No comments: